Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Latest

* I'm almost done with school. One more paper to finish (a 30 page one) and I'll be done. YEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
* I'm looking for a job. Preferrably something part time that will pay me a million dollars a month. Though I'd take less if they really, really begged me.
* I'm looking forward to seeing Sam in a few days.
* Kim survived my ever-so-wonderful-previous-employer-still-her-employer laying off 8 people.
* Kim actually got a better position out of it, though she won't get a raise for 2 months due to legal requirements when laying off a significant chunk of people (apparently there's a whole bunch of hoops to jump through, which I didn't know).
* My FaceBook application is coming along, the database should be done this week, which was a major hurdle.
* My business idea is coming along too. See www.schoolsandjobs.com for the first salvo in my business empire :). (well, empire may be a stretch. hobby that pays for my gas???)

5 comments:

ColoMeli said...

Paying for gas is good. :-)

I'll keep an eye open for jobs with a $1M paycheck. I'll get back to you on that one...

Good to know you're still alive! I hate having to wonder about that...

Thanks for the udpate. I was going to try to call you this week, but it's been busy (to say the least).

Elizabeth said...

I can vouch for how busy Meli is--I saw it first hand! She never stops!
I can also vouch for Matt being alive, and needing a haircut.
I can also vouch for Kim having survived--at least she was on Friday.

Meli--can you let me know if you see another $1M paycheck? thanks :)

ColoMeli said...

Hey, you're welcome to all the checks I find laying around. Believe it or not, this week was busier than the one you were here! I'm hoping we're over the hump now, and that life will slow down to a normal pace. (Does anybody know yet what that is supposed to be?)

Mom said...

Wow - - Matt's alive, paying for gas and looking for a job. That's great. Melinda, if you find enough $1M paychecks, we will all move out to Colorado. (How's that for incentive?) Liz, thanks for your vouchers. I was taught that you can't believe everything you read, so it is good to have vouchers. (Just kidding, Matt.)

ColoMeli said...

That's funny. My mom taught me the same thing--don't believe everything you read. You must be a smart lady!