Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Elianna's temperature gauge

Last night, Elianna wasn't working on eating her supper very quickly. When we prompted her to start eating, she wrapped her arms around herself and started complaining, "I so cold! I just so cold!" So, to expedite matters, I picked up her fork and started feeding her, to the tune of, "I need to get down. I very, very cold. I need get pants on. I need my light jacket." With my helping her, though, she was soon finished with her food. Noticing that her siblings had ice cream for dessert, she asked if she could have some, too. As she dug into the scoop of ice cream, I asked her, "Elianna, aren't you cold?"

She looked up, uncomprehending. Her exact words, with a hysterical look of utter disbelief, were, "Huh? Cold? I not cold, Mom."

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

that's great : )

Mom said...

the logic of children!!!!