Monday, September 11, 2006

Cholesterol Update...I know you're all dying to hear

Well, the good news is that my cholesterol is about 2/3 of what it used to be! I went from a total of 251 to 178! :) The bad news is that my good cholesterol (HDL) went down too: from 41 to 35. (The optimal is to be above 60.) My bad cholesterol (LDL) is still a little high (122--was at 183!) The optimal for the bad stuff is under 100. So, they said to keep working on it with diet and excercise. I'm going to start taking Omega3 supplements. I hadn't tried that yet. I hope that'll boost up my HDL level. So, good and bad news, all around, but more good than bad. :)
Hopefully, I'll get a chance to start using the gym equipment at work.

Weekend was a lot of fun...I'll post pictures soon.

2 comments:

ColoMeli said...

Congratulations! :-) Enjoy exercising now. Did I tell you I started walking to work? First, I bought a bike and rode that a couple days. That only showed me how out of shape I was. I figured I better build up my aerobic endurance some more before I tried riding my bike again. :-)

Elizabeth said...

You had mentioned something about going to a gym class. That's great! I just need to get myself back in an excercise routine. I think that'll help get my good cholesterol back up.