Monday, December 11, 2006

Weekend productivity

Chris and I played hookie from church yesterday, but we got lots done otherwise. We didn't have an evening service, and Chris had several things he had to finish for seminary this week...so we stayed home. I felt really good about myself, though, because I got lots done (including five loads of laundry and washing my car.)
The costarican girl we met at Kim's grandparents' house told me about a grocery store in Philly that had some Argentine food. I wanted to stop in before Christmas and yesterday was the only day that I could drive down to check it out.
I was surprised by what I found, and very happy. : ) I also stopped by the Brazilian section of Philly to get some Guaraná. So we now have Guaraná and Paso de los Toros Pomelo sitting on our floor because we don't have any room for it anywhere else.
I got a stash of Cerealitas crackers, of which I'm very happy (they're the best crackers ever!) They had mate, but of course I have enough, so I didn't get any. Seeing Exquisita cake mixes made me laugh, for some reason. I was very happy to also get La Salteña ravioles and empanada discs (Chris loves empanadas). They also had pascualina discs (for a lack of a better word), but I didn´t get any because I don´t have a pan I could cook them in. I´ll have to work on that. There´s also some Terrabusi products in our apartment now. : ) I´ll have to hit the gym every day for the next month, I think.
Anyway, it was a strange weekend for us, but a good one. Chris only has one more sermon to finish this week and he´s done with projects! He technically won´t be done with his requirements for his MDiv until next year when he does his senior sermon in chapel, though. But after his one sermon this week (just needs to be prepared, not presented), and a Hebrew final, he´ll be done with his immediate requirements for his MDiv!!!
He´ll probably start on his ThM next semester--he does have to hand in the application first. : )

2 comments:

ColoMeli said...

Where did he decide to pursue his Th.M.? Sorry you had to miss church; I'm sure your church family and ministries missed you, too. But I'm glad you were able to get some things done. I know how good it feels to be on top of things.

Elizabeth said...

He'll be going to Calvary for his ThM. We don't have any "ministries" per say on Sunday mornings, and our evening ministry with the teens was cancelled because of a different activity going on. I'm sure they didn't miss us too much. :)