Sunday, March 18, 2007

Chris's Birthday


We went to a Russian restaurant for lunch today. Chris enjoyed his borscht.


Matt was there, too.


Chris and I had lamb chops. (No, I'm not trying a new comb-over hairdo. It was a weird hair day today.)


The teens surprised Chris with pizza during youth group tonight and gave him a card with a gift certificate to a restaurant! I thought that was sweet...until they covered us in silly string, that is! Chris is planning his come back! : )
I took a cake to Sunday School (there's usually coffee and some kind of snack), and I put candles on it and we sang "Happy Birthday" to Chris. I don't have a picture of that because when I pulled out my camera it didn't have a memory card and I couldn't find one in my bag. Later I realized I was looking in the wrong pocket! (I felt very "blonde".) Anyway, since I wanted to take pictures at the restaurant, we stopped in at a Circuit City (which I found because I took a wrong turn.) To make a long story short, I was able to buy two 1G memory cards for my camera at a pretty good price. God allowed me to not find my memory cards so that I could get some better ones. : )
Anyway, we've had a good weekend. Chris got to talk in Russian some and buy some of his cherry juice.

2 comments:

ColoMeli said...

Wow! I didn't know Russian people could afford lamb chops. :-) I'm glad Chris had a good day. I'm sorry we didn't get to call him, though. Did he open his gifts from us? (mailed a long time ago)

Elizabeth said...

Oh, no. I forgot. :) Thanks!
I think I just put the big box in our office and forgot about it. I'll pull it out tonight.