Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My Latest

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still alive. The last couple of weekends I've had a bad migraine, especially this Sunday night. But I'm ok today.

My part time job as grad assistant is going ok. I'm starting to get the hang of who's in charge and who isn't. always a tough thing when you're at the bottom of the food chain :). Actually, it's more like figuring who's going to tell me what to do and who wants me to work on my own, since everyone's in charge :).

School is still fun, but hectic. My first set of classes are almost over, crazy though that seems. I'm finishing up assignments, and starting to study for a final. I have 3 classes, one with a big paper, one with an in class final, and one with a take home final. I'm not sure which one is worse. They all have their own finely nuanced levels of pain and suffering.

Kim is doing well, just a little stressed at work. She has to publish a book of lists of study abroad programs for IIE, the partner organization for her website. She went to home coming at her alma mater over the weekend, and apparently it snowed there right before she got there. So snow is being had all over the place. I'm hoping that means we're going to have a bad winter :).

Other than that, things are going well.

5 comments:

ColoMeli said...

Does that mean you still have to talk to people? Sorry if you do. :-/ Sorry to hear about the migraine, too. Hope you do better this weekend. We love you much and are praying for you!

ColoMeli said...

Oh, and glad you're alive, too. Traveling for funerals is so expensive.

MEtech said...

Ehh, it's ok, I'm learning to deal with the whole talking to people thing. I just close my eyes and pretend I'm talking to the voices in my head. People usually leave me alone pretty quick when I talk to them like that, so it has a double benefit.

Elizabeth said...

I guess that's why you weren't in church on Sunday. Everyone asked me if you were still sick, but I didn't know if you were.
Choir practice went. We decided to ditch that one song, too.

MEtech said...

Yeah, sorry Liz. I was going to call you on Sunday, then on Monday, but I was in bed most of both days. I was working Sunday, and I forgot my ringer was turned off on my phone. I have like 9 messages on there :).