Sunday, June 18, 2006

From the Mouths of Girls

When I explained to Andrea a couple of days ago that I had a new system for people to know whether the dishes in the dishwasher were clean, she was quite impressed. I showed her the round green magnet with a "C" that I would put on the dishwasher when I ran it, so that people would know if dishes were clean without having to ask me multiple times. Most almost-9-year-olds would have said something like, "Cool" Not Andrea: "Mom, you are quite ingenious."

Elianna loves playing with her baby dolls. She has one big doll that's her favorite, but she has several smaller ones that she lugs around, as well. The other day I called her down to get in the car, and she came down the steps with three babies in her arms. I explained to her that we were going out shopping, and I only wanted her to bring one baby. Elianna looked down at the babies she was holding, and counted, "One. One. One," then looked up at me with a huge smile, delighted that she had met my requirements. How do you argue with that kind of math?

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That's too funny! Elianna's logic totally makes sense to me!

ColoMeli said...

I'm not sure I want to comment on why my almost-2-year-old's logic makes sense to my sister. :-) You left yourself wide open, but I'll spare you. :-)

She made me laugh, too. Did I mention that I let her bring all 3 dolls? :-)

Elizabeth said...

No, you didn't, but I would have let her bring all three, too. Hey, just because I can understand a two-year-old's logic doesn't mean I use it! You don't have to spare me...bring it on, sister!