Thursday, June 08, 2006

You know you have a problem when...

...you walk into the library to pick up books you have on hold and the librarian greets you with, "Well, Mr. Clark."

In an effort to rush through the last lessons in Andrea's history book, I put dozens of books on hold at the library, until I maxed out all of our library cards. When Jason went in to pick up the first batch of books, one of the librarians recognized him as soon as he came in the door and started teasing him about all the extra work he (I!) made for them.

When I went to pick up the second batch (just so you have an idea, there's probably close to 100 books, total, that I requested from the library), I took the poor librarians a plate of homemade chocolate chip cookies. We're hoping they don't change the library policies just because of us!

By the way, Matt, do you know where I can find a local chapter of Libary Patrons Anonymous, for counseling?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I don't think Matt ever joined one of those groups--he's in denial!!
I think it's a good sign that the librarians recognize you...that means you frequent the library and you have a well-read family! :)

MEtech said...

There is no such group, and even if there was, I don't need it!! I'm OK with my library habits :).