Friday, June 09, 2006

Short days...long drives

I got back in ok last night. It was such a long day! My cd player in my car doesn't work right, so I spent the whole trip scanning the radio. : b
In case you didn't hear, I decided to go to Charlotte for Carrie's dad's memorial service. I'm glad I did. Carrie was very happy to see me there, and I was glad I was able to show my support and love for her family.
It was a nine-hour drive one way...I'm very tired today. I drove down on Wed. afternoon, and drove back yesterday afternoon. Praise the Lord, I had no car trouble, nor did I get pulled over for speeding! : ) Chris must have been praying his usual "deliver us from the policemen" prayer for me. : )
Carrie's family is doing well except for Mrs. Kinard. I'm not exactly sure what the situation is, but she needs a lot of prayer right now.
Tomorrow I have a baby shower to go to, and a soccer game to watch at my supervisor's house. They're having us over for dinner, too! Gotta love free food!
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡VAMOS, VAMOS, ARGENTINA....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

ColoMeli said...

I suppose I could bring Romans 13:3-4 to bear, but I'll refrain myself. :-) I'm glad you had a safe trip. We will certainly be praying for Carrie's family.

Elizabeth said...

I figured you´d have some comment regarding my speeding. :)

ColoMeli said...

Phew. I'm always relieved when I don't disappoint people. :-)While I couldn't pray with a clear conscience for protection from law enforcement, I can pray for God's mercy on your behalf. :-) I'll do that the next time I know you're traveling. :-)