Thursday, June 15, 2006

Will Argentina win tomorrow?

I think I'm going to come into work late tomorrow so I can watch the game. There's no point in coming in on time because I'll just be watching the game on-line and not getting any work done.
I can't wait for the game tomorrow!! I've been getting really pumped-up about the World Cup--it's too much fun!
Chris is rooting for Ukraine, and he taped yesterday's game. We watched it last night but Ukraine didn't even bother showing up to play! It was a sad, sad affair.
It was so bad, that I couldn't tell if Spain was playing well, or just playing.

Oh, I have to mention that someone here at Draeger recognized my "mate" for what it was! I was shocked! Granted, he doesn't work for Draeger, but for the consulting company that's programming our new system. He said he had worked with Argentines when he worked for Coke. It made my day! :)

I'll be doing my part tomorrow, so hopefully, our team won't disappoint! :)

2 comments:

ColoMeli said...

It's good to know someone has some culture! Give the consultant a Navidad bonus for cultural awareness. :-) Let me know how the World Cup goes. None of the local TV channels are carrying the games--they're playing hockey games, basketball games, and--of all things--golf, but no soccer. What kind of place do we live in???

Elizabeth said...

In a third-world country, my dear...