Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Well, not much exciting here. No cute photos, either. Today, we went to the hospital to visit someone who had had surgery. It's been a long time since we've had to visit someone in the hospital. Recently, I decided to attempt to crochet a small afghan. I bought some yarn and have been rolling it into balls. I found some variegated yarn in gray, light pink and medium pink - - which goes well with the living room. Then I found plain colored yarns in those 3 colors. It has been about 20 years since I crocheted anything of any size. I was trying to find something that I could do when I am in school with Sam so that I am calmer and less frustrated. I have started to practice on some old yarn and should be able to start on the real thing pretty soon. The Luisi family is coming next week and will be staying here. I have to make a puppet or two for the teens of our church so they can present a puppet skit. I have been teaching piano to Carolina. She didn't have time to practice while in Rosario, so she pretty much started from the beginning. She is practicing and doing well. Nora and I started to attend exercise classes at the Russian center! The teacher is older than I am! I think it is great. She is in much better physical condition than I am, but she doesn't expect us to do what 20 year olds would do! The class consists of mostly housewives middle age and older. Two ladies from the choir also attend. I am becoming acquainted with more people from the neighborhood! Saturday night, Nora and I went to a choir concert at the Russian center. She hardly goes anywhere and neither do I, so it was special for both of us. We've never done anything like that together. The ladies' choir in which Liz & I used to sing were one of the choirs. When I walked in, some of the ladies begged me to sing because there were hardly any mezzos (2nd sopranos) there. If the director had asked me to sing, I would have. But she didn't. It was interesting to hear the choir after having been in it. A lady from the center sang three songs in Russian. She was born in Russian, and came here as a child. After the choirs, there was a jazz trio (bass, banjo, and trumpet/trombone). They were excellent. I was wishing Liz and Chris could have been there. We are having our July S.S. contest in church. A week ago Sunday, Ana, Pablo and the kids came to S.S. I invited them and said that they could have dinner with us afterwards. We went to our sandwich place on Constitucion. Caro and Pablo ended up going with us. Daniela (at the corner) is going to Japan to teach "salsa" for six months! Someone who knows her and had been over there recommended her. She leaves the middle of August so she won't see Matt. I guess that's it for excitement in Caisamar.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you and Nora had a good time! You'll have to let us know how your afghan is coming along. I started reading a book on starting a photography business. Chris thinks it's great that I want to do that--he said I'd be the typical Proverbs 31 woman. :) It made me laugh.

ColoMeli said...

I'm glad you've had the chance to get out and do some fun things. You've had some neat opportunities to connect with other ladies in the neighborhood, which I think is wonderful.

Salsa in Japan? Weird. Tell her I said "hello," though. Better make that "hola." :-)